Rice is an everyday staple that’s easy to dress up into something sumptuous and savory. It’s simple and delicious to serve rice with our authentic Italian cheeses.
The classic Italian rice dish is called Risotto. Slow-cooked to a deliciously creamy consistency, it can be paired with a variety of cheeses and other flavorful ingredients.
There’s no need to visit an ornate Italian restaurant for risotto. With a few simple steps at home, you’ll be savoring a perfectly creamy delight in not time. Try making it with an authentic four-cheese blend of our most famous Italian cheeses.
Here’s a few thing to keep in mind. Look for Arborio Rice, an Italian variety from the Po Valley. It’s perfect with cheese because of its harder texture and starchy taste. To achieve the fullest flavor possible, sauté the onions and rice until just before they begin to brown.
When you add the wine, you’ll get a nice sizzle – the sound of perfezione!
How to Make Four Cheese Risotto at Home .
3 tbsp of butter
1 large white onion
1 bunch scallions
1 and ½ Cup Arborio Rice
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
¾ cup dry white wine
1 ½ Il Villagio Gorgonzola
1 ½ Il Villagio Taleggio
1 ½ Il Villagio Fontina
1 ½ Il Villagio Parmigiano Reggiano
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
– Cook chopped onions in butter until tender.
– Add rice and brown for a few minutes.
– Soak until almost transparent,
– heat and pour in wine, stirring until the alcohol evaporates.
– Heat broth. Add one ladle of broth to the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
– Continue adding ladles of broth until rice absorbs it completely.
– Remove pan from heat and add the cheeses. (Be sure cheeses are warmed to room temperature first).
– Stir until mixed, add salt and pepper to taste and serve with sprinkled parsley on top.