Italian-style baked macaroni and cheese is a family favorite whenever it’s served, and even the foodie crowd can appreciate the comfort food classic. That’s especially true when the dish gets an Il Villaggio upgrade. So make a decadent delight this winter with our artisan Italian cheeses!
Grated Il Villaggio Provolone, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Asiago or Pecorino Romano can be used in any macaroni and cheese recipe. The result will be a gourmet indulgence that’s impossible to resist. So fire up the stovetop and savor this family favorite all winter long! It only takes about 15 minutes to cook up all the cheesy deliciousness.
You can make it even heartier by adding in tomatoes, sausage, ham or assorted vegetables. Here’s the steps:
– Boil macaroni until it is slightly undercooked (it will finish while the dish bakes)
– In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and one pint of cream.
– Stir in your cheeses of choice. Il Villaggio Provolone, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Asiago or Pecorino Romano can all be used – or try all four together for a custom
blend. Go for about 15 ounces of cheese per ½ pound of macaroni.
– When the cheese mixture is melted, add a touch of flour to thicken. Stir, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
– Mix the macaroni with the cheese sauce.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.