Italian cheese is a regular at the dinner table – invite some to the dessert tray for even more epic flavors!
From cheesecake to ice cream to this month’s featured Mascarpone-Cheesecake Brownies, sweets are a delicious way to savor the flavors of Italy in a whole new way.
Hazeulnut Shortcakes with Mocha Mascarpone
It doesn’t take much to create these luscious treats. Hazelnuts, Mascarpone Cheese and Coffee-flavored liqueur combine into a smooth delight that’s an ideal way to end any meal – or satisfy a late night craving for something sweet.
Mascarpone made this famously light and airy dessert famous. Sweet yet smooth, Tiramisu is gentle on the palate. Mascarpone’s unmatched creaminess makes it the perfect complement to sweet sensations.
Oranges with Balsamic Caramel and Gorgonzola Dolce
Gorgonzola is full-flavored and creamy – the perfect complement to the zest of citrus oranges! Orange sections alternate the cheese to create a striking presentation to match the spectacular flavor.
Other ways to use Italian cheeses in dessert include:
– Traditional cheesecake is made with regular cream cheese, but adding an Italian twist with Il Villaggio Mascarpone makes a lighter, silkier cheesecake with more flavor.
– Our tangy, crumbly Gorgonzola cheese is delicious with sweet apples and crunchy walnuts. Combine all three for a truly gourmet take on apple pie.
– Lemon Mascarpone frosting is sweet, tangy and easy to make. Top any lemon cake with the light and airy topping – it’s the perfectly fluffy frosting!
Lemon Mascarpone Frosting (enough for 14 cupcakes)
- Combine together in bowl
- 4 tablespoons butter (2 oz or 1/2 stick), softened
- 8 oz of mascarpone cheese
- 2 1/2-3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest