The Ultimate Italian Sub
The perfect Italian sub: hard to come by, yet impossible to resist. Skip waiting in line for a potentially mediocre sandwich, by using our recipe for the ultimate Italian Sandwich. Perfect for nights when you don’t feel like turning on the oven, back to school lunches or party bites, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser.
- Preferred soft Italian bread or hoagie rolls
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb capicola, thinly sliced (ham)
- 1⁄2 lb turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb of Il Villaggio provolone cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb Il Villaggio mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced into rings
At a glance
Recipe type: Lunch
- Cut your bread in half lengthwise.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and pepper; brush onto both halves of the bread.
- Layer the capicola, turkey, Il Villaggio provolone, Il Villaggio mozzarella, salami, lettuce and bell pepper.
- Repeat layers.
- Replace bread top.