Prosciutto and asparagus risotto
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups Arborio rice
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Il Villaggio Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces prosciutto, diced
- Serves: 4
At a glance
Recipe type: Dinner
- Simmer stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add prosciutto.
- Stir in onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in rice and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add one large ladleful of stock, and stir to combine. Let simmer until stock is absorbed. Continue to add stock by ladlefuls, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more, until the rice is tender.
- Once tender, stir in asparagus.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan, salt, and the remaining butter.