Pasta with Beet Pesto
A vibrant dish that is creamy, nutty and offers a pop of pink to your table. We paired this dish with pasta but it also goes well with fish or pork!
- 3 large purple beets, top trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup Il Villaggio Parmigiano Reggiano.
- 1 lb dry pasta of your choice
At a glance
Recipe type: Dinner
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the beets. Boil until fork tender. You can also roast the beets. If you choose to roast them, peel the beets, quarter them and bake at 375F until tender. Either way this process should take about 30 – 45min
- Drain the beets and skin them. Chop into quarters and place in the bowl of a food processor. (If you roasted the beets, you can skip this step) Add the garlic, pistachios, lemon juice and olive oil and pulse until smooth. Add the Parmigiano Reggiano and continue pulsing until you have a relatively smooth thick spread.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook to al dente. Drain when done and toss with pesto. Sprinkle with more cheese and serve immediately.