Italian 4-Cheese Panini
- 12 oz. Il Villaggio® Mozzarella Cheese, diced (1¾ cups)
- 6 oz. Il Villaggio® Fontal Cheese, grated (1½ cups)
- 3 oz. Provolone Cheese, grated (3/4 cup)
- 3 oz. Il Villaggio® Gorgonzola Cheese, minced (1/3 cup)
- ½ cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 16 slices Italian bread (1 large loaf)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- olive oil
At a glance
Recipe type: Sandwiches
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, fontal and provolone cheeses. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine gorgonzola, sun-dried tomatoes and mayonnaise. Evenly spread the gorgonzola mixture onto one side of 8 bread slices. Using 2 cups spinach, top each evenly. Layer the mozzarella mixture on top of the spinach. Top with prosciutto, then the remaining spinach leaves. Top each with a slice of bread.
- Lightly brush the top of each sandwich with olive oil. Place oiled side down in a panini machine or onto a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush tops of sandwiches with olive oil. If using a skillet or griddle, weigh the sandwiches down with a smaller skillet. Cook until the outside is crisp and the inside is melted. Makes 8 sandwiches.