Hearty Italian Pasta Salad
This cheesy Italian pasta salad is a timeless classic. Full of bold, fresh flavor, it’s extra easy to prepare. Spiraled rotini pasta pairs deliciously with creamy Il Villaggio Mozzarella, salty pepperoni, juicy grape tomatoes and luscious black olives. Pasta salad makes a great summer dinner and can be made in advance and packed for lunch on picnic outings, too.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- 2 cups Il Villaggio Mozzarella cheese, bite size pieces
- 1 ½ cups cubed pepperoni
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped into bites
- 3 teaspoons freshly chopped basil
- Optional Dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ half lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon agave
At a glance
Recipe type: Snacks & Appetizers
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, cheese, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni, cucumber, and basil.
- For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, agave, salt, and pepper. Slowly add olive oil while continuously whisking and you’re done.
- Toss pasta salad with dressing; cover with plastic and store in the fridge.