Grilled Peach, Mozzarella & Toasted Pine Nut Salad
- 2 semi-firm, yet ripe peaches (they need to be somewhat firm for grilling)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Il Villaggio Aceto Balsamico di Modena
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 8-oz. container of Il Villaggio Mozzarella Bocconcini Ciliegine or IV Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- salt & pepper
At a glance
Recipe type: Dinner
- Slice the peaches lengthwise into 6 flat slices. In a small bowl, toss the peaches with olive oil, balsamic, and a pinch of salt.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat and brush it with olive oil. Place the peach slices directly onto the hot grill and cook each side for 2-3 minutes. Make sure to only move them when flipping. Allow them to cool to room temperature.
- While the peaches are cooling, place the baby arugula into a large bowl. Add in the pine nuts, mozzarella, and cooled peaches.
- This salad makes a great side dish, but it can also be a main course. To turn it into a filling lunch or dinner, simply add grilled chicken or prosciutto.
- If you feel the need for dressing, just drizzle a bit more of the IV Aceto Balsamico di Modena over the salad.