Fruity Spring Salad with Gorgonzola
This mouth-watering salad is more than just a pretty plate. It’s guaranteed to awaken your taste buds. Here, arugula leaves are topped with succulent raspberries, crunchy walnuts and crumbly, salty Gorgonzola. The cheese adds a distinctive flavor as well as texture to this deliciously mixed-up salad.
- 2 pints raspberries
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onions
- 2 pkgs. (5 oz. each) baby arugula or watercress (about 12 cups)
- 7 oz. Gorgonzola, crumbled
At a glance
Recipe type: Salad
- Use a fork to mash enough raspberries to equal ⅔ cup. Place in a medium bowl and add oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; whisk to blend. Stir in green onions.
- In a large bowl, place arugula and fruits. Toss with dressing.
- Arrange salad on 6 plates. Top with Gorgonzola and walnuts and serve immediately.
Tip: Make it your own! Substitute with spinach and add fresh strawberries; use toasted pine nuts or almonds instead of walnuts.