Easy Spaghetti Carbonara
Italian food often relies on the natural goodness of the ingredients to create sensational dishes. This month’s pick for recipe of the month is no different. Using just a few ingredients, we’re able to make a mouth-watering pasta dish that’s creamy, hearty and bold.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Il Villaggio Parmesan Reggiano
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
At a glance
Recipe type: Dinner
- Cook your pasta to you preferred firmness, reserving ½ cup of the water for later.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and IV Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until brown and crispy, reserving the excess fat.
- With the bacon still in the pan, add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Quickly stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slowly add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
- Tip: Serve with our Cheesy Garlic Bread for the perfect accompaniment to a perfect meal.