Authentic Baked Ziti
Everyone should have a go-to Baked Ziti recipe in their back pockets. A good baked ziti is ooey-gooey, filling and perfectly flavored. Just a few ingredients make a delicious, crowd-pleasing dish that’s just as perfect for potlucks and parties as for a weeknight dinner.
At Il Villaggio, flavors are important to us. We’d like to share how to make a baked ziti that’s packed full of authentic Italian flavors and authentic Italian Cheese.
- 1 lb. ziti pasta
- 2 Jars of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 ½ lbs. grated Il Villaggio Mozzarella cheese
- 14 oz. Il Villaggio Ricotta Salata Toscanella cheese
- 4 oz. grated Il Villaggio Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (parsley, oregano, basil)
At a glance
Recipe type: Dinner
- Boil ziti pasta until almost cooked (will finish cooking in oven.) Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix ziti with 1 lb. of mozzarella, parmigiano-reggiano, ricotta, and tomato sauce. (Save a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce.)
- In a large baking dish, put remaining tomato sauce on bottom to prevent sticking, and then add the pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ lb of mozzarella cheese on top, followed by ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes in a 375 F oven until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over baked ziti before serving, and enjoy!